Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June Report on the New Year’s Goals

I think it’s high time to do another one of these. Now that I’m laid up: bad leg bruised from the walking cast, bad foot tingling and shooting pain into my toes, with my “good” foot hurting like a m@#)$(%* from the limping, let’s see how well (or poorly) I am doing.

I was going to do a net worth analysis but I will save that until the halfway point in the year: medical, physio, and other costs are adding up… about $400 so far this month. The walking cast cost me 200 bucks, uninsured.

I did go to Europe - and I got back in one piece - so that goal was accomplished.

My athletic goals are pretty much all forsaken now. I am hoping beyond hope that the pain in my “good” foot in the same area as the “bad” one isn’t indicative of another stress fracture of the 4th metatarsal. If I have to spend the rest of my summer in a g(*@$%& wheelchair I think someone will find me hanging from a noose in my sweltering hot apartment.

If I ever do bike/run/walk again in my cursed life, I may indeed be faster: I am now 12 pounds lighter than when I arrived home from Europe. Sure, the Guinness and “frites” packed on some insulation, but I’ve lost a good 7 more in my quest to heal. Eating three pounds a day of calcium-rich greens will do that to anyone. Now I just don’t feel like eating - as I realized while I force-fed myself a red onion and a bunch of spinach today - so I’m bound to lose more. Actually, I don’t feel like doing much at all.

As for schooling/ CFA: I gave it a good attempt. But one thing I can attest to now: I never want ti have a CFA designation. In fact, I do not want a finance-related career.

Too bad that’s what I spent 5 years of my life working toward. So shoot me.