Thursday, March 6, 2008

February Progress Report

Here’s how I’ve fared with the New Year’s goals last month:

1. Net Worth increased by $803.65 in February; that’s right on target. Income taxes already filed. Target portfolio has been set for registered and non-registered investments.
2. Won a scholarship to write the CFA Level 1 exam
3. Was given permission to submit employer references (in lieu of academic ones) for grad studies in Systems Science... which I will be "hawking" for the math upgrades and then moving on to Economics.
4. Moved up a lane at the pool… I haven’t missed a swim practice since mid-November, so that probably helped! In February I also cut 4 seconds off my personal best time for 100m free.
5. Booked for the in-house oral French classes at work, trying for that B…
6. The running is going ok; no injuries yet. I’m getting some quality trainer time in as well.
7. Europe trip: more (free!) accommodations have been secured. Found a pack and sleeping bag to borrow so those costs have been deferred.
8. Finally... yeah, I did one thing this month that put me out of my comfort zone.

Refraining from pulling my hair out has proved to be the hardest feat to accomplish...Usually I saved the hair-pulling to keep me alert while reading an especially dreary textbook, but even now the incidence has scarcely diminished.

Chewing gum does seem to help, and hey... I have 10 more months to kick the habit.